La Marina del Prat Vermell

A New Neighbourhood Between Montjuic and The Port

La Marina del Prat Vermell is a newly created neighbourhood that along with the neighbouring La Marina de Port formed part of Marina de Sants, where the old textile area was located.

The new barri will comprise some 30,000 newly-constructed homes and will cover around 80 hectares of land that is now occupied by disused factories and the Eduard Aunos housing project.

The plan is that 75% of the buildings will be dedicated to housing and the remaining 25% to commercial use and public services.

The neighbourhood is connected to Marina de Port through the Passeig de la Zona Franca and the main public transport connection to the rest of Barcelona will Line 9 of the Metro system.

The photo below shows the projected barri of Marina del Prat Vermell from Montjuïc Cemetery.





Public Transport

THere are currently no metro stations in Marina del Prat Vermell but the Fira stop on the southern section of the Orange L9 Line is within walking distance.



Have Something To Say About This Topic?

Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!


comments powered by Disqus

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.




Profiles: Google | Barcelona Travel Facebook Page | Barcelona Expert on ScoopIt! |



This Week's Featured Activities

Wine Tours and Enotourism

There's a wide range of tours and trips associated with wine or cava production in the Barcelona Province.

Barcelona Wine Tours and Enotourism

Click Here To See A Range Of Wine Trips and Tours

Sagrada Familia Tickets

Basic Entrance To The Sagrada Familia + Audio Guide + Guided Tour

Sagrada Familia Tickets

Click Here To Book Your Sagrada Familia Tickets

Barcelona GoCar

The Barcelona GoCar is a GPS-driven two-seater that offers planned itineraries of Barcelona's major sights.

Barcelona GoCar

Click Here To Book Your Barcelona GoCar Tour


Festival Jardins Pedralbes

The Festival Jardins de Pedralbes takes place in June and July and features international and Spanish stars.

Festival Jardins de Pedralbes

Click Here to Book Jardins de Pedralbes Tickets