Barcelona Metro L4
Yellow Line: Trinitat Nova-La Sagrera|Meridiana
Barcelona Metro L4 is one of the city centre's most used underground railway lines and opened in 1973.
It currently runs from Trinitat Nova to La Pau but is planned to be extended to the new railway station at La Sagrera|Meridiana.
Yellow Line stops in the city centre include Verdaguer, Passeig de
Gràcia and Jaume I - the main stop for the Barri Gòtic.
Metro Line is also very popular in summer as it is the best line for Barcelona city beaches stopping at La Barceloneta, Poblenou, El Maresme|Fòrum and Besòs Mar.
You can buy single journey tickets and a variety of travel cards, including the excellent value T10, in the machines in the FGC entrances.
However, if you are visiting for a few days, it is well-worth investing in a Barcelona Card, which not only gives you full access to the Barcelona integrated transport system, including metro, buses, trams, ferrocarrils but also discounts on Barcelona museums and tourist sights as well as in some shops and restaurants.
L4 Yellow Line Metro Stations
- Trinitat Nova
- Via Júlia
- Guinardó Hospital de Sant Pau
- Alfons X
- Passeig de Gràcia
- Jaume I
- Ciutadella|Vila Olímpica
- Selva de Mar
- El Maresme|Fòrum
- Besòs Mar
- La Pau
- La Sagrera|TAV
- La Sagrera|Meridiana
L4 Yellow Line Technical Info
Number of Stations: 22
Length: 16.7 km
Time of Journey: 40 minutes
Evolution of L4 Metro Line
- 1973 – Opening of Joanic-Jaume I section opened (previously part of L3 )
- 1974 – Opening of Joanic-Guinardó section
- 1976 – Opening of Jaume I-Barceloneta section
- 1977 – Opening of Barceloneta-Selva de Mar section
- 1982 – Opening of Guinardó-Via Júlia and Selva de Mar-La Pau sections.
- 1985 – Opening of La Pau-Pep Ventura section
- 1999 – Opening of Via Júlia-Trinitat Nova section.
- 2002 – Closing of La Pau-Pep Ventura section (and moved to L2)
- 2003 – Opening of El Maresme-Fòrum station.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!