Located in the corner of Sant Martí de Provençals and delimited by Dos
de Maig, Sant Antoni Maria Claret, Navas de Tolosa, Meridiana and
Aragón, the area was agricultural until the mid-19th century.
The neighbourhood's name is a deformation thatalmost certainly refers to a dolmen located here mentioned in the Cartulari de Sant Cugat in 1037 as ad ipsa archa.
Despite being cut across by Carrer de l'Independència and Carrer Mallorca most of the neighbourhood wasn't included in the Pla Cerdà for the Eixample in 1859.
It seems the local owners influence was too strong and it is for this reason that Carrers Roselló, Provença and Valencia finish at the junction with Carrer Rogent.
This means that some of the 19th century passages such as Passatge del
Sospir, Passatge del Trinxant and Passatge del Pistó have survived
giving the neighbourhood a lovely feel.
Another example of the agricultural past is the masia Can Miralletes while the recently reformed Plaça de Can Robacols and the pedestrianised Carrer Rogent provide the main focus for neighbourhood life.