Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday December 6th 2017
Puigdemont can only be arrested if he returns
Puigdemont can only be arrested if he returns to Spain as the Supreme Court retires the European arrest warrant against him, stopping the Belgian judiciary from giving him asylum.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Puigdemont can only be arrested if he returns
- The Supreme Court retires the European arrest warrant against the ex-president
- This way the judge stops the Belgian judiciary from giving him asylum or extraditing him only for misappropriation of funds
- The released politicians hold their first rallies
- Ex-conseller Mundó return to El Modelo and Turull and Rull describe their experiences in prison
- Albiol: "The 155 doesn't solve Catalonia's problems."
- The PP proposes agreeing on a finance proposal in the Catalan Parliament
- The terrace agreement makes the restrictions only orientative
- The Barcelona government, the opposition and the trade association come to an agreement
- The Brexit final sprint emphasises May's weakness
- The Eurosceptics and the PM's partners in Ulster block the agreement
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!