February 3rd in Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries
This page lists historical and other events on February 3rd in Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries as well as festivals and a list of births and deaths of well-known Catalans.
1485 - Granollers: The Remença leader Pere Joan Sala takes control of the town.
1946 - Barcelona: Xesco Boix, Catalan musician, animator and folk singer and children's musician.
1967 - Sabadell, Magí Marcé i Segarra, Catalan politician and mayor of Sabadell.
Festivals and Commemorations
February 3rd is the Saints' Day of Sant Blai, who was a physician and bishop of Sebastea in historical Armenia and the day is motive for a number of winter festivals around Catalonia.
- Festes majors d'hivern in La Fatarella (Terra Alta)
- Sant Blai in Bot (la Terra Alta)
- Festa Major in Cabacés (el Priorat)
- Festa Major d'hivern de l'Aleixar (el Baix Camp)
- Festa major de Vila-sacra (l'Alt Empordà)
- Festes de Moros i Cristians in Bocairent (la Vall d'Albaida)
- Festes de Sant Blai a La Salzadella (el Baix Maestrat)
- Festa patronal de Borriana (la Plana Baixa)
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!