Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday February 5th 2019
Sánchez will recognise Guiadó as President
Independence parties move away from Sánchez's budget as ERC and PDECAt present an amendment to the accounts, but might retire it but Moncloa doesn't throw in the towel although it will be uncomfortable before the elections.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Independence parties move away from Sánchez's budget
- ERC and PDECAt present an amendment to the accounts, but might retire it
- Moncloa doesn't throw in the towel although it will be uncomfortable before the elections
- The Social Security loses 200,000 affiliates in January
- Registered unemployment increases by 83,000 and reaches 3.3 million
- Drassanes hosts a narco camp rather than a hotel
- The space has unused for three years because of the municipal ban
- Europe recognises Guiadó as interim president so that he calls elections
- The Spanish President is the first to back the opposition leader, but some EU countries, such as Italy, don't join the recognition
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!