Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday January 16th 2018
The court in the Palau case condemns CDC for finance irregularities
Today's two main headlines are CDC have been found guilty of involvement in the Palau corruption case and that the Parliament's lawyers say Puigdemont cannot be invested president from Brussels.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The court in the Palau case condemns CDC for finance irregularities
- The Audiencia rules against the person responsible for finances and demands 6.6 million from the party
- The sentence says that the treasurers had "the support of unidentified senior officials"
- Prison sentences for Millet and Montull for the plundering of the cultural institution
- The lawyers of the Catalan Parliament reject that Puigdemont can be invested from a distance
- The report complicates the ex-presidents plans and leaves whether the imprisoned politicians can delegate their vote to the Bureau of Age of the Parliament
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!