Catalonia Headlines for Thursday January 18th 2018
The president of Parliament opens the legislature in a conciliatory tone
Roger Torrent of ERC, the new president of Parliament, opens the legislature in a conciliatory tone as the MPs in Brussels don't delegate the vote, making a session without incidents possible.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The president of Parliament opens the legislature in a conciliatory tone
- Roger Torrent of Esquerra Republicana promises to "mend" Catalan society
- The MPs in Brussels avoid delegating the vote, which faciltates a session without incidents possible
- The new Bureau must decide if it allows the investiture of Puigdemont in ten days
- Conflict between TMB and the police with the street vendors
- The urban police have been expelled from the metro control centre
- The CEOE proposes a salary rise of 2% plus a 1% variable
- The employers' association hopes the new agreement has a validity of two years
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!