Catalonia Headlines for Friday January 26th 2018
The Government tries to stop the investiture of Puigdemont
The Government tries to stop the investiture of Puigdemont and will appeal the proposal to vote for the ex-president to the Constitutional Court but doesn't gain from the Council of State.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The Government tries to stop the investiture of Puigdemont
- The Executive will appeal the proposal to vote for the ex-president to the Constitutional Court
- It ignores the Council of State, which doesn't support the preventative contestation
- Colau doesn't gain support for the budget because of the socialist rejection
- The mayor had achieved the abstention of PDeCat and ERC but it's not sufficient
- Hotel owners warns that Barcelona is already losing conferences
- The guild warns that 2,000 have been made redundant in the tourism sector
- The tension between Venezuela and Spain goes through the roof with the expulsion of ambassadors
- Caracas reproaches Rajoy for his support of the sanctions imposed by the EU
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!