Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday January 31st 2018
The tension between Puigdemont and ERC explodes
Speaker of Parliament suspends investiture until Constitutional Court resolution & JxCat and ERC exchange reproaches over their respective failures. Republicans want guarantees over future Government but Puigdemont says "There's no other candidate nor majority possible".
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The tension between Puigdemont and ERC explodes
- The Speaker of Parliament suspends the investiture until the Constitutional Court resolution
- JxCat and ERC exchange reproaches over their respective failures
- The Republicans want guarantees over the future Government and its plans
- Puigdemont "There's no other candidate nor another majority possible"
- A May secret report predicts an economic collapse because of Brexit
- The study forecasts that the GDP will fall between 2% and 8% depending on how tough the divorce is
- The strange case of the appointment of referees
- The referee who sent Cristiano off hasn't refereed in Madrid again
- Trump attributes the economic success exclusively to himself
- He gives his first State of the Nation speech with his popularity in freefall
- "You will guide yourself by the Constitution"
- The King awards the Golden Fleece insignia to the Princess of Asturias in a solemn ceremony
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!