Catalonia Headlines for Friday January 5th 2018
Junqueras asks the Supreme Court for freedom to return to Parliament
Junqueras asks the Supreme Court for freedom to return to Parliament alleging that he's "a man of peace". In his declaration he confirmed that he favours "the negotiation route".
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Junqueras asks the Supreme Court for freedom to return to Parliament
- The ex-vicepresident alleges that he's "a man of peace" to the judges
- In his declaration he confirmed that he chooses "the negotiation route"
- If he doesn't get out of prison, a transfer to Catalonia gains support
- Cries from the autonomies against Montoro for freezing finances
- The government reduces the account contributions because of the budget postponement
- Barcelonas worried about the political instability
- Concern increases over the city's image and over coexistence and the irritation over tourism decreases
- The stock markets euphorically follows the lead of Wall Street
- Ibex goes up 2% and closes above 10,300
- The flu triples in a week and collapses the hospitals
- Emergencies go up 62% in the health clinics in Catalonia
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!