Catalonia Headlines for Thursday June 28th 2018
The judge finalises the suspension of the leaders of the process
The EU criticises the high investment of the AVE and low passenger use as the European Accounts Court places the justification of various sections in doubt because the line between Madrid and Barcelona is the only profitable one in the Spanish network.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The judge finalises the suspension of the leaders of the process
- The Supreme Court confirms the prosecution for a rebellion "without weapons" on 1-O
- Puigdemont and the ex-consellers in prison cannot be Members of Parliament
- Torra wants to propose agreeing on a referendum with Sánchez
- The President of the central Government asks the independence groups to leave the unilateral way
- The economy maintains its strength despite consumption weakening
- Europe opts for protecting its frontiers to stop the wave of immigrants
- The proposals on the table from the European leaders includes "disembarcation platforms" in North Africa and support against mafias in Libya
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!