Catalonia Headlines for Saturday March 24th 2018
Judge sends another five independence leaders to jail
Judge Llarena sends another five independence leaders to jail with prison sentences for Turull, Rull, Romeva, Forcadell and Bassa. All the imprisoned are accused of rebellion and misappropriation and Euro arrest warrants activated for Puigdemont, Rovira and four ex-consellers.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Judge sends another five independence leaders to jail
- In a controversial decision, Llarena sentences prison for Turull, Rull, Romeva, Forcadell and Bassa
- All the imprisoned are accused of rebellion and also misappropriation
- Euro arrest warrants activated for Puigdemont, Rovira and four ex-consellers
- Marta Rovira doesn't attend the Supreme Court and seeks refuge abroad
- Rajoy's Government believes that the escape of the ERC politician harmed the rest of the accused
- The judicial decision bursts into the investiture plans
- Mayor Colau suspends the municipal plenary because of the political tension
- Thousands of people come out onto the streets in protest for the jailings
- The ANC and the Comites de la Defensa de la República, close to the CUP, call the mobilisations
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!