Catalonia Headlines for Saturday May 25th 2019
The prisoners' suspension could affect the investiture
The prisoners' suspension could affect the investiture as on the eve of the elections, PSOE, PP and Cs leave the arrested politicians without functions and the absolute majority to elect the president will go down from 176 to 174.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The prisoners' suspension could affect the investiture
- On the eve of the elections, PSOE, PP and Cs leave the arrested without functions
- The absolute majority to elect the president will go down from 176 to 174
- The campaign ends with the battle for Barcelona open
- Colau and Maragall, favourites in the polls, maintain a tough face to face
- The rest of rivals, especially Valls and Collboni, also hope to bring about a surprise
- 26-M will settle the battle on the right
- Washington mobilises 1500 additional soldiers in the Persian Gulf
- The Pentagon will send 900 more soldiers and will deploy another 600 already stationed
- Theresa May's resignation opens the fight for the leadership of the British Conservatives
- The Prime Minister will leave the position on June 7th due to her failure to bring Brexit to a good end
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!