Catalonia Headlines for Monday November 6th 2017
Belgian judiciary lets Puigdemont go free after interrogating him
Belgian judiciary lets Puigdemont go free after interrogating him and the judge orders the president and the four consellers not to leave Belgium.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Belgian judiciary lets Puigdemont go free after interrogating him
- The judge orders the president and the four consellers not to leave Belgium
- The option of a unitary pro-independence list looks less likely
- Killing during a mass at a baptist church in Texas
- A majority believes that the process will finish without advancing after the elections
- 41% considers that Catalonia will return to autonomic legality and 60% admit the negative economic impact of the UDI
There were also demonstrations demanding the release of the imprisoned members of the Catalan government, which were not considered sufficiently newsworthy to make the front page of La Vanguardia.
You can read more about what happened in Barcelona on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!