Catalonia Headlines for Thursday November 9th 2017
The strike fails but the protests collapse Catalonia
The strike gets little support apart from in education but the protests collapse Catalonia with pro-independence groups from the radical left cutting 70 main roads and the AVE.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The strike fails but the protests collapse Catalonia
- Pro-independence groups from the radical left cut 70 main roads and the AVE
- The stop has little support except in education
- The Supreme Court takes decision on Forcadell and the Bureau of Parliament today
- The High Court will cite the accusations from October 1st but not the ones that affect the ex-consellers
- PSC signs Espadaler to attract moderate Catalanism
- Iceta comes to an agreement with Units per Avançar
- The World Mobile Congress threatens to leave Barcelona in 2019 unless political stability is assured
- Those responible for the congress also show their concern about the possible breaking of the agreement between BComú and the Socialists
The photo caption reads "The AVE Under Siege: Hundreds of people stopped the high-speed train from circulating at Girona and Sants stations (photo) protesting against the imprisonment of the members of the government and the leaders of the ANC and Òmnium."
You can read more about what happened in Barcelona on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!