Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday October 10th 2017
Clamour to stop UDI
There was a general outcry to stop Carles Puigdemont from making a UDI not only from the Spanish Government and Unionists in Catalonia but also from the fence-sitting far left parties in Catalonia, who support a referendum but not independence, and even from more moderate sectors within the independence movement.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia the following day read:
- Clamour to stop UDI
- Parties, employers' association and civil society exhort Puigdemont not to declare independence
- Colau asks the president to avoid the unilateral way and Sánchez will support Rajoy's decisions
- Manoeuvres within sovereignism try to stop a decision that take us to the abyss
- Major companies continue agreeing to moves of head office
- Foment del Treball assure that hundreds of small and medium-sized companies are changing head office and investment is collapsing
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!