Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday October 10th 2017
Clamour to stop UDI
There was a general outcry to stop Carles Puigdemont from making a UDI not only from the Spanish Government and Unionists in Catalonia but also from the fence-sitting far left parties in Catalonia, who support a referendum but not independence, and even from more moderate sectors within the independence movement.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia the following day read:
- Clamour to stop UDI
- Parties, employers' association and civil society exhort Puigdemont not to declare independence
- Colau asks the president to avoid the unilateral way and Sánchez will support Rajoy's decisions
- Manoeuvres within sovereignism try to stop a decision that take us to the abyss
- Major companies continue agreeing to moves of head office
- Foment del Treball assure that hundreds of small and medium-sized companies are changing head office and investment is collapsing
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!