Catalonia Headlines for Thursday October 12th 2017
Rajoy announces 155 but gives Puigdemont time
The Spanish Government began the process of invoking Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution, which would effectively move the Catalan Government from power, but gave Carles Puigdemont time in order until the following Monday to clarify whether he had made a Declaration of Independence or not.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia the following day read:
- Rajoy announces 155 but gives Puigdemont time
- Moncloa asks the president to clarify if he declared independence before Monday
- The Catalan government proposes coming to the table with both sides designating a mediator
- The public prosecutors halt lawsuit against president for rebellion
- The question was posed to the prosecutors of the Supreme Court by Maza on Monday
- Barcelona's role as publishing capital wavers
- The move of the head office of Planeta to Madrid changes the sectors
- Sánchez manages to get Rajoy to accept taking on a reform of the Constitution
- The PSOE leader supports the government "in all scenarios"
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!