Catalonia Headlines for Sunday October 15th 2017
Puigdemont Gambles Losing Self-Government
Catalonia is facing another precipice moment as the deadline for Catalan President Carles Puigdemont's ratification or retraction of last Tuesday's declaration of independence and its subsequent retraction finalises at 10 am on Monday morning. It seems likely that he will make another euphemistic statement, which Mariano Rajoy will interpret as an excuse to invoke Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution and suspend the autonomous government of Catalonia.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Puigdemont Gambles Losing Self-Government
- The president finalises the reply to Moncloa that could activate Article 155 of the Constitution
- Editorial: We cannot allow it
- The exodus of the banks infects middle-sized companies
- The employers' associations and unions warn of the risks of a slow down in investment in Catalonia
- Tarradellas: The chronicle of an absence
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!