Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday October 16th 2017
Sànchez and Cuixart Enter Prison Accused of Sedition
The decision of the Spanish judge to send independence leader Jordi Sànchez and Jordi Cuixart captures the headlines following Puigdemont's decision not to retract the declaration of independence.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Sànchez and Cuixart Enter Prison Accused of Sedition
- ANC and Òmnium announce demonstrations in protest against their leaders being sent to prison
- Trapero, 'Major' of the Mossos, remains in liberty but will have present himself at the court every 15 days
- Puigdemont tweets in English that there are "political prisoners" in Spain once again
- The plan for after UDI recognises problems in paying salaries
- Cordiniu joins the list of companies changing their head office and moves to La Rioja
- The Spanish government gives Puigdemont until Thursday to retract the independence
- Rajoy's Executive is already preparing Article 155 to intervene in the Generalitat
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!