Catalonia Headlines for Friday October 20th 2017
Rajoy begins the intervention of the Catalan government
Rajoy prepares to trigger Article 155 and take over control of the government powers of the Generalitat of Catalonia
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Rajoy begins the intervention of the Catalan government
- The Council of Ministers will face the issue of 155 tomorrow and then it will take it to the Senate
- The Spanish government refuses to allow Puigdemont to deny the UDI implicitly
- Junts pel Sí and the CUP consider how to vote on independence in a plenary session
- The Ibex 35 falls 2% since October 1st while European stock markets rise
- Guindos assures that sales in department stores in Catalonia have fallen 20%
- Merkel and Macron ask for a constitutional solution in Catalonia
- The French president compares Brexit and Catalonia as challenges for Europe
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!