Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday October 25th 2017
Division in Catalan Government between calling elections and UDI
There is division in the Catalan government over whether to call elections or declare a UDI, while Rajoy states that Article 155 will be applied whether there are elections or not. The possibility of a face to face meeting between Puigdemont and Rajoy in the Senate is looking increasingly likely.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Division in Catalan Government between calling elections and UDI
- Puigdemont orders an appeal in the Constitutional Court against 155
- The Senate opens up the possibility of an unprecedented face to face meeting between the two presidents
- PSOE accuses Rajoy of hardening their agreement over Catalonia
- Discrepancies between Government and socialists over keeping 155 if there are elections
- Colau rejects breaking theagreement with the socialists for now
- The mayor calls for a common front against an intervention in the autonomy
- The Chamber of Commerce reduces the prediction of growth in Catalonia because of the crisis
- The business community asks the president of the Generalitat to call elections in time and opposes the intervention in self-government
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!