Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday October 25th 2017
Division in Catalan Government between calling elections and UDI
There is division in the Catalan government over whether to call elections or declare a UDI, while Rajoy states that Article 155 will be applied whether there are elections or not. The possibility of a face to face meeting between Puigdemont and Rajoy in the Senate is looking increasingly likely.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Division in Catalan Government between calling elections and UDI
- Puigdemont orders an appeal in the Constitutional Court against 155
- The Senate opens up the possibility of an unprecedented face to face meeting between the two presidents
- PSOE accuses Rajoy of hardening their agreement over Catalonia
- Discrepancies between Government and socialists over keeping 155 if there are elections
- Colau rejects breaking theagreement with the socialists for now
- The mayor calls for a common front against an intervention in the autonomy
- The Chamber of Commerce reduces the prediction of growth in Catalonia because of the crisis
- The business community asks the president of the Generalitat to call elections in time and opposes the intervention in self-government
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!