Catalonia Headlines for Sunday October 29th 2017
Central government effectively takes control of the Generalitat
La Vanguardia maintains the Spanish government line and continues saying that the Generalitat has been taken over. This wasn't the impression Puigdemont gave in his statement yesterday.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Central government effectively takes control of the Generalitat
- Sáenz de Santamaria takes over the competencies of the Generalitat
- Major Trapero relieved by his second-in-command at the head of the Mossos
- Santi Vila willing to be candidate for PDECat or another party
- Puigdemont calls for "democratic opposition" against 155
- In his statement, recorded in Girona, he avoided admitting he had been substituted
- Editorial: The ballot boxes are already in place
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!