Catalonia Headlines for Monday October 30th 2017
PDECat and ERC accept that they must take part on December 21st
La Vanguardia says that pro-independence political parties are preparing to take part in the elections on December 21st but admits the leaders had a strategy meeting in Northern Catalonia.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The pro-independence forces outline their strategy rewarded by the dates
- The CUP don't count out participating in the elections called by the Government
- The lawsuit by the Public Prosecutor doesn't request the detention of Puigdemont
- The sacked president will be called to declare while under investigation
- The 'Chiefs of Staff' of the Process meet in the Alt Empordà
- Puigdemont met the pro-independence leaders in a country house in Vilaur
- Editorial: Fix the mistake: reconstruct
- The Catalan companies on Ibex have lost €1,000 million since October 1st
- The overall shares of the seven companies falls 2% in only a month
- The media battle in Brussels
- The European press estimate that the Catalan promotional campaign was better than State one
- Real Madrid 8 points adrift from Barça as they fall to a great Girona (2-1)
The photo caption reads "We Are All Catalonia: Societat Civil Catalana brought together hundreds of thousands of non-sovereignists in Barcelona, like three weeks earlier. This time the march was supported by PP, C's and PSC and acted as support for the elections on December 21st."
You can read more about what happened in Barcelona on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!