Cited for the first time in documents from 974 as Vila de Orreos, which has its origin in Latin and means "Barns", and belonged to the Lords of Burriac until King Pere IV of Aragon conceded jurisdiction of the area to the Lords of Roca del Vallés in 1357.
The village is centred around the church of Sant Andreu, which was built in the 16th century in the late Gothic style on the Latin cross plan and has back to back chapels that were added later. There is also a small Romanesque hermitage.
The bell tower was added to the church in 1826 and in 1981, coins from the time of the 11th century Count of Barcelona Berenguer Ramón II, was found within the church.
Also within the municipality is the church of Sant Bartomeu de Cabanyes, first documented in 1191.
By Road: The main road to Òrrius is the BV-5106, which is reached via the C-60 main road that runs between Mataró and Granollers.