Saints Day of Sant Joan Degollat
August 29th is Saints Day of Sant Joan Degollat, which commemorates the beheading of John the Baptist and as it is summer, is an excuse for Festa Majors around Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries.
According to the Gospel of Matthew, John the Baptist was executed because he opposed the wedding btween Herod and his sister-in-law Herodias, who was Salomés mother.
Festes de Sant Joan Degollat
August 29th is the Saints Day of Sant Joan Degollat, which as it is summer, is an excuse for Festa Majors around Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries.
Rest of Catalonia
- Festa Major of Palau de Noguera, Aj.Tremp (el Pallars Jussà)
- Festa Major of El Catllar (el Tarragonès)
- Festa major d'estiu in Rodonyà (l'Alt Camp)
- Festa major of Cellers, Aj. Castell de Mur (Pallars Jussà)
- Festa Major of Penelles (la Noguera)
- Festa Major of Foixà (el Baix Empordà)
- Festa Major of Móra d'Ebre (la Ribera d'Ebre)
Around the Catalan-speaking Countries
- Festes patronals of Sant Joan (Mallorca)
- Festes patronals of Sant Joan Degollat in Sant Joan (Mallorca)
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!