Saints' Day of Sant Sebastià
January 20th is the Saints' Day of Sant Sebastià who was a Christian born in the Roman province of Narbonne around AD 256 and died in Rome around 288.
He is thought have been a soldier in Diocletian's Imperial Guard, who converted to Christianity and was martyred doing the Great Persecution.
The figure of Sant Sebastià became particularly popular during the Renaissance and he was portrayed with effeminate features and being shot with arrows, which meant that he became an icon for the gay community during the 20th century.
Festes de Sant Sebastià
January 20th is the Saints' Day of Sant Sebastià was a Christian who was born in the Roman province of Narbonne around AD 256 and died in Rome around 288 and a great number of winter festivals are celebrated in his honour in Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries.
- Festes de Sant Sebastià in Monistrol de Montserrat (Bages)
- Festes del Pi in Matadepera (Vallés Occidental)
- Festes de Sant Sebastià in Vallirana (Baix Llobregat)
- Festa major d'Hivern in Begues (Baix Llobregat)
- Festa Major d'Hivern i Ball del Ciri in Taradell (Osona)
- Festes de Sant Sebastià in Moià (Bages)
- Festa major d'hivern in Rajadell (Bages)
- Festa Major d'hivern in Súria (Bages)
- Festa major d’hivern in Sant Llorenç d'Hortons (Alt Penedès)
- Festa major d'hivern in La Canonja (el Tarragonès)
- Festa major d'hivern-Trobada de sacaires in Riudoms (el Baix Camp)
- Festa de Sant Sebastià in El Masroig (el Priorat)
- Festa major de Sant Sebastià in Cunit (el Baix Penedès)
- Festa Major de Sant Sebastià in Soses (el Segrià)
- Encesa de vives in Búger (Mallorca)
- Atiar Foc in Palma (Mallorca)
- Festes de Sant Sebastià in Palma (Mallorca)
- Festes de Sant Sebastià in Pollença (Mallorca)
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!