Catalonia Headlines for Tuesday September 12th 2017
The 'Yes' takes the streets
La Diada is a massive success with hundreds of thousands of people taking to the streets in favour of independence for the sixth consecutive year. Puigdemont warns that the only way to avoid October 1st is to come to an agreement and asks Rajoy to negotiate but the Partido Popular warns that "the law will be applied to those who set the street on fire".
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The 'Yes' takes the streets
- Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrate for the sixth time in favour of independence
- Puigdemont warns that the only way to avoid October 1st is to come to an agreement and asks Rajoy to negotiate
- The leaders of Catalunya en Comú decide on an event with Iglesias and won't go to the demonstration
- PP warns that "the law will be applied to those who set the street on fire" and asks to bring elections forward
- The soufle fossilises
- And the subjects?
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!