Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday September 13th 2017
Trapero complies with the public prosecutor's order and orders an investigation into October 1st
Major Trapero, chief of the Catalan police, complies with the public prosecutor's decision and orders an investigation into the preparations for the referendum on October 1st as the Public Prosecutor warns that the police must not follow orders against the Constitution.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Trapero complies with the public prosecutor's order and orders an investigation into October 1st
- The chief of the Mossos requests the investigation from the information commission
- The Public Prosecutor warns that the police must not follow orders against the Constitution
- The Constitutional Court debates whether to suspend the Electoral Syndicate
- PSC Mayors denounce "threats and insults" for not allowing ballot boxes
- Pedro Sánchez supports the socialist officials and urges them to support people getting on well
- Rajoy thanks PSOE for its support over Catalonia
- Montoro investigates the finances of the referendum webpage
- The judge suspends an event in Madrid in favour of the right to decide
- The City Council had ceded premises to an association in favour of historical memory
- A false alarm obliges the evacuation of the area around the Sagrada Familia
- The Mossos activate an antiterrorism mechanism because of a suspicious van in the area
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!