Catalonia Headlines for Thursday September 20th 2012
Rajoy and Mas facing a historic responsibility
Rajoy and Mas facing a historic responsibility as Mas takes Parliament's demand for a Catalan fiscal pact to Moncloa today. Rajoy tells Congress his rejection of the economic agreement for Catalonia and the lack of agreement opens the way to the calling of early elections.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Rajoy and Mas facing a historic responsibility
- Mas takes Parliament's demand for a Catalan fiscal pact to Moncloa today
- Rajoy advances to Congress his rejection of the economic agreement for Catalonia
- The lack of agreement opens the way to the probable calling of early elections
- The Catalan government presents the Diputacións as the germ of their own treasury
- The US ambassador sees the tone of the Catalan debate as admirable
- The CEOE avoids giving an opinion on the fiscal pact
- The Cambra and PIMEC call for an agreement on new economic relations
- Some charicatures open a new front with Islam in FRance
- Minimum alert after the publication of jokes about Muhammad
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!