Catalonia Headlines for Wednesday September 20th 2017
The letters sent to those manning the polling stations are seized
The judge orders Civil Guard to confiscate the 55,000 letters calling citizens to man polling stations but despite the setback, the Catalan Government insists citizens will vote on October 1st.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The letters sent to those manning the polling stations are seized
- The judge orders the Civil Guard to confiscate the 55,000 summons for the consultation
- In spite of the setback, the Catalan Government maintains that the citizens will vote on October 1st
- Congress denies support for Rajoy's strategy in Catalonia
- The majority of the Chamber approves opening a commission for dialogue on the conflict
- Junqueras refuses to send the list of salaries to the Treasury
- Montoro decrees that the Catalan Government no longer has access to its accounts today
- Searches in Girona for a presumed fraud reported by the CUP
- The judge investigates whether there has been misappropriation of public funds by various city governments
- A strong earthquake causes more than a hundred deaths in Mexico
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!