Catalonia Headlines for Thursday September 21st 2017
Protests take over the street because of police harassment over October 1st
Following the arrest of 14 Generalitat officials by the Civil Guard over referendum finances, tens of thousands of protesters take to the streets of Barcelona.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Protests take over the street because of police harassment over October 1st
- The Civil Guard enters Generalitat offices and 14 arrests
- Puigdemont assures that the referendum will go ahead despite the "state of emergency"
- Tens of thousands of people gather in Barcelona in an indefinite mobilisation
- Numerous social organisation condemn the actions of the judiciary and the security forces
- Rajoy asks Puigdemont to "pull back from this crazy idea"
- "Don't carry on, return to law and democracy" declares the president of the Spanish Government
- He is grateful for the support of PSOE and warns Podemos that they will "pay for this disloyalty"
- Junqueras will send the list of salaries to the Treasury
The photo caption reads "On top of a Civil Guard vehicle: While the officers were inside the Ministry of Economy, the crowd took the streets."
You can read more about what happened my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!