Catalonia Headlines for Friday September 22nd 2017
The Constitutional Court fines each electoral syndicate with 12,000 Euros
The Spanish Constitutional Court takes action against the referendum by imposing fines of €12,000 on members of the electoral syndicates. Puigdemont promotes a website with a list of places to vote, includes Barcelona municipal premises, and assures that there will be a referendum, although Junqueras admits difficulties.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The Constitutional Court fines each electoral syndicate with 12,000 Euros
- The High Court tries out the reform that allows it to take coercive measures
- The sanctions affect 22 members of the syndicates and two officials
- If those affected resign today, as one of them has done, it won't be implemented
- Puigdemont promotes a website with a list of places to vote
- The president assures that there will be a referendum, although Junqueras admits difficulties
- The Generalitat includes Barcelona municipal premises as voting sites
- The City Council announces that there won't be civil servants to open community centres
- The Spanish Government delays the budget because of PNV reticence
The photo caption reads "Permanent Mobilisation: Thousands of people demonstrated yesterday in front of the Tribunal Superior de Justícia de Catalunya in a protest which the organisers asked should be maintained until the detainees were released."
You can read more about what happened on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!