Catalonia Headlines for Saturday September 23rd 2017
The Public Prosecutor wants the Mossos under Spanish Government control
The Public Prosecutor wants to put the Catalan police under the control of the Spanish Ministry of Interior, and also presents charges against Jordi Sànchez and Jordi Cuixart, as Major Trapero asks to receive the orders in writing.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The Public Prosecutor wants the Mossos under Spanish Government control
- They hope to put the Catalan police under the orders of the Ministry of the Interior
- Major Trapero asks to receive the orders in writing
- The Mercè starts with a controversial opening proclamation
- Marina Garcés regrets equally the deaths of the victims of August 17th and the terrorists
- London withdraws Uber's licence to operate in the city
- Charges of sedition in the Audiencia Nacional puts the focus on the ANC
- The Public Prosecutor presents a case calling the leaders of the Assemblea and Òmnium to Madrid arrested for altercations
The photo caption reads "The UB Occupied: Hundreds of students are still occupying at the close of this edition the historic University of Barcelona building. During the day, the demonstrators cut Gran Via in defence of October 1st."
You can read more about what happened on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!