Catalonia Headlines for Friday September 29th 2017
The Bank of Spain warns of the effects of the Catalan conflict
Bank of Spain warns of the effects of the Catalan conflict and admits that 'political tensions' could damage the economy while the Spanish Government reassures its partners in the EU. Colau announces that she will vote in blank or null.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The Bank of Spain warns of the effects of the Catalan conflict
- The supervisor admits that 'political tensions' could damage the economy
- The Spanish Government tries to reassure its partners in the EU
- Colau announces that she will vote in blank or null
- The abstention of Podemos discredits the pact against sexism
- The purple party alleges that the agreement is insufficient to end the scourge
- The two young people in Susqueda were shot to death
- Investigators count out robbery or a premeditated crime
- Thousands of students protest in the street for October 1st
- Demonstrations by pupils of ESO, Bachillerato and university students
- Puigdemont tries to reassure headteachers
- The president affirms that the Catalan Government will be responsible for opening the centres
The photo caption reads "Institutional Coolness: Colonel Diego Pérez de los Cobos, coordinator of the police operation against October 1st, greets the Major of the Mossos, Josep Lluís Trapero, before the start of a meeting of the Security Junta in which the lack of agreement was obvious."
You can read more about the student protests on my Two Months of Street Demonstrations in Catalonia: September to November 2017 page.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!