Catalonia Headlines for Thursday September 7th 2017
The Catalan government calls October 1st after imposing a majority
The Law of the Referendum is passed with 72 votes in favour and 11 abstentions while 52 deputies expressed their rejection of the motion by leaving the chamber. The vote is called for October 1st.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- The Catalan government calls October 1st after imposing a majority
- All of the Executive, headed by Puigdemont, sign the decree for the vote
- The Law of the Referendum is passed with 72 votes in favour with 11 abstentions and 52 deputies rejected by leaving the chamber
- JxSí and the CUP sidestep reports against from the Council of Statutory Guarantees and the Parliament lawyers
- The debate becomes a struggle between the majority and the opposition, who denounce that their rights are vulnerated
- Editorial: Crisis of State
- Rajoy goes to the Constitutional Court and presses for criminal charges against Forcadell
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!