Catalonia Headlines for Friday September 8th 2017
Lawsuit against all members of the Catalan government
Threats of legal action by the Spanish government begin in response to the Law of the Referendum with the public prosecutors planning proceedings against the whole Catalan government. The Public Prosecutor will include the crime of misappropriation of public funds, which foresees prison sentences and the accusation will include Forcadell and some of the members of the Bureau of Parliament. The Constitutional Court suspends the Law of the Referendum and adds more warnings against leaders.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Lawsuit against all members of the Catalan government
- The public prosecutor will include the crime of misappropriation of public funds, which foresees prison sentences
- The accusation will extend to Forcadell and some of the members of the Bureau of Parliament
- The Constitutional Court suspends the Law of the Referendum and adds more warnings against leaders
- The pro-independence groups pass the "Breakway Law" in the face of reproaches from the opposition
- PDECat tried without success to postpone the processing of the law of transitory legality to relieve the tension in Parliament
- The European Parliament warns that attacking the Constitution is an attack on the EU
- Colau avoids committing herself to participating in October 1st
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!