Catalonia Headlines for Saturday September 9th 2017
Colau puts the brakes on Barcelona's participation in October 1st
Barcelona Mayor, Ada Colau, refuses to commit the City Council's support for the referendum while 680 town councils around Catalonia do promise their support.
La Vanguardia Headlines
The front page headlines in La Vanguardia read:
- Colau puts the brakes on Barcelona's participation in October 1st
- The Mayor asks by letter for a clarification from the Catalan government in order to gain time
- The City Council secretary rejects allowing the use of facilities
- Hospitalet refuses to collaborate but 680 municipalities will do so
- The Public Prosecutor orders police to seize ballot boxes and voting slips
- The public ministry asks for bail for Puigdemont and the rest of the members of the Catalan government
- The Spanish government urges Catalans to reject "altercation"
- Spokesman, Méndez de Vigo, affirms that "all scenarios" have been foreseen
- Miami inhabitants wait for Hurricane Irma in refuges and in areas far from the coast in expectation of flooding of more than three metres
- Tens of dead in Mexico in a massive earthquake
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!