August 16th is the Saints Day of Sant Roc, which as it is summer, is a great excuse for Festa Majors around Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries.
Sant Roc, or Saint Roch in English, was an Occitanian pilgrim who went to cure plague victims in Rome, where he died, apparently on August 16th, sometime in the 1370s.
Festes de Sant Roc
August 16th is the Saints Day of Sant Roc, which as it is summer, is an excuse for Festa Majors around Catalonia and the Catalan-speaking countries.
- Festa major de Sant Roc in Paüls (el Baix Ebre)
- Festa Major de Sant Roc in l'Hospitalet de l'Infant (el Baix Camp)
- Festes Majors La Cava (el Baix Ebre)
- Festes de Sant Roc in Burjassot (l'Horta Nord)
- Festes de Sant Roc in Porreres (Mallorca)
- Festes de Sant Roc in Alaró (Mallorca)
- Festes patronals in Benifaió (la Ribera Alta)
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!