Transport, Free Visits, Discounts and Much More!
The popular Barcelona Card is a must for visitors to the Catalan capital and booking in advance will save you lots of headaches!
The travel card’s main purpose is to provide free travel on the Barcelona public transport network, including the metro, buses, local trains and trams and with two, three, four and five-day passes available, it really is a great way to get the best out of your time in the Catalan capital.
What’s more you also get more than €300 worth of discounts and free offers at museums, cultural venues, leisure facilities, night-clubs, shops, restaurants and entertainments and other services and the list of offers is getting longer all the time.
The Barcelona Card comes with a special tourist guide with recommendations on what to visit, where to eat and drink and how to take advantage of all the special offers.
The Barcelona City Card has become such a great deal because local businesses are keen to promote themselves to foreign tourists meaning that everybody wins.
Obviously, the best way for you and your family to take advantage of this excellent deal is to book your Barcelona Card before your holiday begins!
Click Here To Book Your Barcelona Card Online Before You Arrive
The Barcelona Card And Public Transport
- Barcelona Card is valid for 2, 3, 4 or 5 Consecutive Calendar Days (not 24-hour periods).
- The Barcelona City Card entitles you to Free Public Transport on Barcelona Metro and TMB City Buses.
- Unlimited travel on the FGC City and Suburban Train Network and Barcelona Trams.
- You can also use RENFE Zone 1 Local Trains, which include the train to and from Barcelona Airport.
- Prices range from €45 (3-Day Card), €55 (4-Day Card) and €60 (5-Day Card)
- Anyone doing the tourist rounds of Barcelona is bound to make savings on local transport!
Click Here To Book Your Barcelona City Card
Discounts and Free Offers
As new Discounts and Free Offers are continually being added to the Barcelona Travel Card, it’s not practical to list them all.
However, here are few amongst over 50 that caught my eye.
After a Free Boat Trip around the harbour on Las Golondrinas, you can climb up to the top of the Columbus Statue – El Mirador del Colom – at the bottom of The Ramblas without paying.
You get free entry to some of the best Barcelona Museums – the Museu de la Historia de la Ciutat, the Museu del Modernisme Català, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya-MNAC and the Monastery of Pedralbes are all must do visits.
You can make big savings when you visit the FC Barcelona Museum (5% Off), the Picasso Museum (20% Off), the Fundació Miró (20% Off) and the Sagrada Familia Museum (2 Euro Off), which you would probably be doing anyway.
A Perfect Day With The Barcelona Card
Continuing with the same idea, I’ve put together a perfect day by choosing from Barcelona City Card offers.
I hope you enjoy it!
- Morning – get €10 off when you hire a GoCar – one of the best ways to see the city
- Lunch – get 15% off lunch at El Tinglado de Moncho’s – a fantastic place to eat in the Port Olímpic
- Early Afternoon – get 20% off entry to the Barcelona Zoo
- Late Afternoon – get 15% off your shopping in the popular BCNOriginal shops
- Evening – get 20% off a pint in the famous Michael Collins Irish Bar by the Sagrada Familia
- Dinner – get 20% off your evening meal at Tapas Locas plus a free glass of Catalan cava
- Night – get 20% off the Cordobes-Tablao Flamenco – one of the city’s most exciting flamenco shows
Click Here To Book Your Barcelona Travel Card
Along With The Travel Card You Also Receive …
A Printed Guide in six languages which includes information about the discounts and the free offers with the city card.
General map of Barcelona including:
- The location of the discounts and the free offers.
- Map of the metro network.
Barcelona City Card Pick-Up Points
Plaça de Catalunya Tourist Office: Plaça Catalunya,17-Sotano. Open: daily: 8.30am. to 8.30pm. Closed: 1st January and 25th December.
Cabina Colom Tourist Office: Plaça Portal de la Pau, s/n. Open: daily: 8.30am. to 6.30pm.. Closed: 1st January and 25th December.
Pl. Sant Jaume Tourist Office: Carrer Ciutat, 2. Open: Monday to Friday: 8.30am.-8.30pm. Saturday: 9am to 19pm. Sunday and holiday days: 9am to 14pm. Closed: 1st January and 25th December.
Airport Terminals T1 and T2: Open: daily: 9am. to 9pm. Closed: 1st January and 25th December.
Click Here To Book Your Barcelona City Card