Rock, Jazz, Flamenco, Classical and More
Given the wide range of musical genres, from classical to flamenco, from rock to jazz and everything in between, it is almost impossible to provide a definitive list of Barcelona Music Venues.
The city obviously has a selection of regular venues, including clubs and concert halls, that put on concerts all year round but it is in the summer that the city really comes to life musically.
Major Barcelona Festivals such as Sònar, Primavera Sound, Festival dels Jardins de Pedralbes or Les Festes de la Mercè mean that a whole new set of Barcelona Music Venues come into play, including historic buildings, theatres and there is even a programme of Summer Concerts in Barcelona Churches.
All in all, Barcelona is a great place to watch and listen to music not only because of the wide variety of performers it attracts from the the internationally famous to homegrown talent but also because of the fantastic choice of Barcelona Music Venues on offer.
Incidentally, if you don’t find the venue you’re looking for, it may be a theatre that is only occasionally used for live music in which case, you should check the Barcelona Theatres page.
Equally, given that the Catalan capital has such a vibrant flamenco scene, I have created a separate page for Flamenco in Barcelona.
- Current Shows in Barcelona on Ticketmaster
- Current Shows in Barcelona on Atrapalo
*Thanks to www.eventsmusicbcn.com for the photo
Alphabetical List of Barcelona Music Venues
- Sala Apolo – Indie Clubbing and Great Live Music
- L’Auditori – Cutting Edge Classical Music Venue
- Auditori Aire Lliure – Open Air Venue in Jardins del Palau Reial de Pedralbes
- BARTS – A Theatre, Music and Performing Arts Venue on El Paral.lel
- Sala BeCool – Techno Clubbing and Indie Gigs near Plaça Francesc Macià
- Sala Bikini – A Classic Barcelona Venue Still Going Strong
- CaixaForum Barcelona – A Cultural Centre Offering Exhibitions, Concerts and Performances on Montjuïc
- Casino l’Aliança de Poble Nou – Theatre, Dancehall and Concert Venue in Poblenou
- Palau Dalmases-Espai Barroc – Flamenco and Opera in a Baroque Palace
- Fira Barcelona – Barcelona’s Trade Fair Venue Occasionally Used for Concerts
- Harlem Jazz Club – The Coolest and Most Intimate Little Venue in Town
- Heliogàbal – Cultuaral and Arts Centre in Gràcia that also Programmes Live Music
- Parc del Fòrum – A Large Open Space Ideal for Festivals and Other Events
- Auditori Fòrum (CCIB) – Auditorium-Concert Hall for Barcelona International Conference Centre
- Cafè-Teatre El Llantiol – Café-Theatre that Doubles as an Intimate Music Venue
- Gran Teatre del Liceu – Barcelona Opera House that also Schedules Contemprary Music
- Jamboree – The Most Prestigious Jazz Club in Spain
- Luz de Gas – A Chic Music Venue with an Excellent Programme of Acts
- Cinema Maldà – A Traditional V.O Cinema with Occasional Music and Theatre Performances
- Mercat de les Flors – Barcelona’s Main Dance Venue Also Programmes Various Kinds of Music
- Palau de la Música Catalana – A Most Amazing Modernista Concert Hall
- Palau Sant Jordi – A Sports Arena and Multi-Purpose Installation on Montjuïc
- Poble Espanyol – A Replica Spanish Village with Major Concerts in the Main Square
- Razzmatazz – Various Different Concert Halls and Clubs Make This the Barcelona Music Mecca
- Sant Jordi Club – A Medium-Sized Concert Venue next to Palau Sant Jordi
- Sidecar Factory Club – A Classic Barcelona Gig Venue on Plaça Reial
- Teatre Coliseum – Musicals, Concerts and Comedy on Gran Via
- Teatre Tívoli – A Spectacular Theatre Offering Concerts in Barcelona City Centre
- Cafè Vienès – A Legendary Café Turned Jazz Club in Modernista Casa Fuster
If you notice any omissions, incorrect information or would like to include your own Barcelona music venue, please get in touch with me via the Contact Form.