Barcelona Metro L5
Blue Line: Cornellà Centre-Vall d'Hebron
Barcelona Metro L5 is one of the city centre's most used underground railway lines and opened in 1959.
The Blue Line runs from Cornellà Centre in the Baix Llobregat, home of RCD Espanyol's stadium, to Barcelona's main hospital at Vall d'Hebron.
Important Blue Line stops in the city centre include Sants Estació, Diagonal, Verdaguer, Sagrada Familia and La Sagrera.
The real value of the L5 Metro Line is being able to get to places such as Cornellà and Gavarra on one end and El Carmel and La Teixonera on the other, which were always difficult places to access.
You can buy single journey tickets and a variety of travel cards, including the excellent value T10, in the machines in the FGC entrances.
However, if you are visiting for a few days, it is well-worth investing in a Barcelona Card, which not only gives you full access to the Barcelona integrated transport system, including metro, buses, trams, ferrocarrils but also discounts on Barcelona museums and tourist sights as well as in some shops and restaurants.
L5 Blue Line Metro Stations
- Cornellà Centre
- Sant Ildefons
- Can Boixeres
- Can Vidalet
- Pubila Cases
- Plaça de Sants
- Sants Estació
- Hospital Clínic
- Sagrada Familia
- Sant Pau Dos de Maig
- Camp de l'Arpa
- La Sagrera
- Virrei Amat
- El Carmel
- La Teixonera
- Vall d'Hebron
L5 Blue Line Technical Info
Number of Stations: 26
Length: 19.2 km
Time of Journey: 44 minutes
Evolution of L5 Metro Line
- 1959 - Opening of Sagrera-Meridiana section (as the former L2)
- 1967 - Opening of Vilapicina-Horta section (as the former L2)
- 1969 - Opening of Collblanc-Diagonal/Provença section.
- 1970 - Opening of Diagonal/Provença-Sagrera-Meridiana section. The line then known as L2 integrated into L5.
- 1973 - Opening of Collblanc-Pubilla Cases section.
- 1976 - Opening of Pubilla Cases-Sant Ildefons section.
- 1983 - Opening of Sant Ildefons-Cornellà section.
- 2010 - Opening of Horta-Vall d'Hebron section.
If you think there's been an oversight or you can provide more more detail about a particular event, I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Please complete the form below. You can also upload photos and images, by the way.
Have Something To Say About This Topic?
Do you have a great information to add or an opinion to express about on this topic? Share it!